Tuesday, 26 March 2013

BANGKOK | KHAO SAN ROAD

We arrived in Bangkok around 1:30am. By the time we cleared customs it was about 3am. We found the taxis located outside the airport only to discover that we needed to pay a "fee" on top of the meter fee. Aggravated, we loaded into the taxi and headed for Khao San Road - backpacker central. Jonny hopped in and out of the taxi asking hostels if they had a room. We asked about 4 before we were greeted by a drunk, loud, angry Thai at "4 Sons" hostel.

Bedtime was 4:30am. Wake-up time was 8:30am.

We packed our belongings and had breakfast before checking out. We decided we would wonder and discover Koh San Road in hopes to find a nicer hostel. Koh San Road is divided into to sections. One side (where we stayed the first night) seems to be more chill and hipster, while the other side is filled with the hussle and bussle of cars, motorbikes, shops and restaurants.
  
This layout is probably one of favorites that I have done in a long time. Majority of supplies are from American Crafts and Studio Calico. Very simple and easy! All the layering allowed me to use scraps.

The one down fall to this layout is the Studio Calico Mr. Huey's opaque white rubbing off. I think I am going to have to try a different brand or make my own white mist. Anyone else having this problem with their opaque white?  



-Melissa xo

3 Comments:

At 26 March 2013 11:33 , Blogger Jennifer Grace said...

My opaque white mist seems to be okay, but I mostly just use droplets of it. Someone else said they spray theirs with a sealer.

Your layout looks gorgeous, I love the bold pink and the wood cameras. I didn't like Koh San Road much, apart from the Pad Thai! Phi Phi was my favourite Thai place when we went backpacking around! x

 
At 26 March 2013 12:29 , Blogger LauraB whosthischick said...

I really like how you did this layout. I highlights the beautiful, colorful, busy photos. Just terrific.

 
At 5 April 2013 15:52 , Blogger MariClaudi said...

Love your layout. My white does the same thing! it is very annoying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home