Friday, 22 March 2013

THE LAYOVER - SHANGHAI

Shanghai. This dull and surprisingly small airport was our layover spot for both flights. When I first booked our flights, I was slightly excited as I thought that Jonny and I would be able to discover Shanghai. Not the case due to China being a communist country, meaning we would require a visa to leave the airport.

Filled with expensive duty-free goods and duplicate of restaurants we found it difficult to occupy our boredom. Thankfully our first layover was at night so we were able to eat dinner then "sleep" a bit.

We ate at Acting restaurant and had Taiwanese beef noddle soup. Decent but surprisingly expensive... More expensive then a bowl here in Vancouver! During our layover on the way back to Vancouver, we ate the same thing... There is not much selection for food in this airport. Plus I was battling strep throat (beginning stages and had a fever) and Jonny was coming down with a little cold.


For this layout, I used American Crafts kraft paper, Studio Calico papers and alpha stickers and thickers, and My Minds eye stickers. I added a receipt from the restaurant using a paper clip and finished the layout with journaling from my travel journal. 


-Melissa xo

 

2 Comments:

At 23 March 2013 at 09:10 , Anonymous caro_frenchy said...

Really nice LO

 
At 2 August 2013 at 08:07 , Blogger jessica - craftychicgirl said...

great layout. love that map paper...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home